InTown Suites was founded in Atlanta, GA in 1989 with just a few properties. Since that time, our company has grown to 138 locations in 21 states with over 17,900 rooms and employing over 1100 people.
Start Up (1989 – 1997)
- InTown Suites was founded in 1989 with one location. Over the next nine years, we acquired motel properties and converted them into extended-stay facilities. We also built a limited number of purpose-built extended-stay facilities. By 1997, the chain had grown to 25 locations.
Organic Growth (1998 – Mid 2002)
- The company accelerated expansion by building 28 new InTown Suites locations.
Rapid Growth Through Acquisition (Mid 2002 – 2003)
- InTown Suites purchased and converted 65 Suburban Lodge locations to InTown Suites, giving the company 118 properties. Free Internet access is offered in all guest suites.
Turnaround and Opportunistic Growth (2004 – 2007)
- In 2004, the founder of the company left and new management assumed control of day-to-day operations.
- Many improvements were made to the company, both to the physical properties and to the way in which the company operated. These included:
- Property Upgrades, Repairs and Renovations
- Energy Management Systems installed
- Enhanced property level Quality Assurance program
- Improved Guest Relations
- Improved Property Environment (Clean, Quiet and Safe)
- Improved employee work environment
- Improved employee benefit packages and bonus programs
- Growth continued with the purchase of 12 additional locations including all seven SuiteOne properties and five more Suburban Lodges. The company also sold four non-standard assets.
Continued Improvement & Growth (2007 – Present)
- In 2007, an investment group purchased InTown Suites and the current Management Team was established.
- Operations and the InTown product underwent additional refinement, including:
- Further enhancement of guest relations
- Property upgrades and renovations that include significant guest input
- Flat panel TVs installed at many locations
- Implementation of online payment system
- Growth continued with the purchase of 13 new locations.
- The company reached new guests through evolving Sales and Marketing efforts including developing a dedicated Sales Team for business and organizational clients.
- The company sought out, developed and promoted the use of new technology to run its business more efficiently and improve the guest experience.
- The company launched a significantly upgraded, brand-new website with many improvements.
- The company is continually strengthening its position as the leader in economy extended-stay living by maintaining its product and providing maximum value to guests, employees and stakeholders.