It seems that ever January, people are looking for healthier lifestyle options. We’ve already written about how to stay fit while on the road here, so after you’ve had your workout and are looking to settle down and watch some TV with a satisfying snack, here are three quick and healthy options to choose from.
Everyone has snacked on some saltines at some point or another. Take your cracker snacking game to the next level with these grown-up crackers that will keep you full, and are full of good-for-you ingredients.
6 Sesame Crackers
1/2 Ripe Avocado
Salt & Pepper
1. Hard boil an egg for about 8 minutes
2. While the egg is cooling, use a fork to mash up the avocado to a desired consistency
3. Spread an equal amount of the mash across all 6 crackers
4. Peel the egg and slice it into six pieces
5. Add a slice on top of each cracker, then season with salt and pepper to taste
6. Eat immediately
Tangy Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries
This frozen treat will help cool you down quickly after your workout, and they are perfectly designed for mindless snacking.
1 Container Fresh Blueberries
1 Container Plain, Low-Fat, Greek Yogurt
Vanilla & Honey (optional)
1. Place a plate in the freeze for 10 minutes
2. Remove plate from freezer and cover with wax or parchment paper
3. If desired, sweeten the yogurt with the honey, and flavor with vailla
4. Using a toothpick, dip each blueberry into the yogurt to coat, then place on wax paper
5. Once all the berries have been dipped, transfer the plate into the freezer and let them freeze solid, about two hours
6. After the berries have frozen solid, transfer them to a freezer bag
7. Snack at your leisure
PB & Chocolate Chip No Bake Energy Bars
These delicious morsels will fuel you up with a lot of nutrients, while satisfying your sweet tooth!
1 Cup Oates
1/2 Cup Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut
1/2 Cup Almond Butter
1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1/3 Cup Agave
1 Tablespoon Flax Seeds
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, mixing thoroughly
2. Similar to making meatballs, use your hands to form the mixture into small balls
3. Refrigerate the balls for 20 minutes to firm
4. Consume with abandon!
We hope you love these easy and healthy snacks! What healthy snacks are you enjoying in 2015?