Our one pot meal ideas blog post was so popular, we decided to do a part two and give you a few complete meal recipes that can be made using one frying pan, in your InTown Suites kitchen! With these meals, you’ll be eating dinner in less than 30 minutes from the time you start cooking, and clean-up and dishes will be a breeze. These recipes serve one, but can easily be doubled.
Stir-fry’s are always delicious and so easy to make at home! Using a bag of broccoli slaw cuts down on the prep time, so this stir-fry can be made in less time than it takes for delivery to arrive!
2 oz. rice noodles
4 oz. protein (your choice of chicken, pork, beef or tofu)
1 clove garlic
½ package of broccoli slaw
1 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1 green onion
1. Heat a frying-pan on the stove over high heat.
2. In a small bowl, soak rice noodles in hot water according to the directions on the package.
3. Mince the garlic, and slice up the green onion.
4. When the pan is nice and hot, place a small amount of olive oil in the pan and add the minced garlic.
5. When the garlic is fragrant, add your protein, stirring frequently.
6. While the protein is cooking, mix together the lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and peanut butter, adding a little water if you need to, to thin it out.
7. When the protein is close to being cooked through, add in the half bag of broccoli slaw and continue to cook until the protein is fully cooked and the slaw has wilted slightly.
8. Drain the rice noodles and add to the frying pan. Pour the sauce on top and mix through.
9. When the sauce has cooked down slightly and is mostly absorbed, remove from the stove, garnish with green onion and serve in a bowl.
Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes and Zucchini
This low carb meal is a snap to make and requires minimal ingredients, perfect for a night when you don’t feel like cooking, but still want to eat healthy.
2 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1 clove garlic
5-6 cherry tomatoes
1 green onion
Salt and pepper
1. On the stove, heat frying pan over medium-high heat
2. While the frying pan is heating, mince the garlic clove, slice the green onion, and slice the zucchini in half, lengthwise and then slice into bite-sized pieces.
3. Lay the chicken thighs in the pan, skin side down. The great part about this recipes is that the skin provides the fat, so you don’t have to add any extra oil! Let the thighs rest, undisturbed for 15 minutes.
4. Flip the chicken thighs over. Add garlic to the pan, let cook for 30 seconds and then add the cherry tomatoes and zucchini to the pan.
5. Let the chicken and vegetables cook for about 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Because the vegetables cook in the chicken fat, they are wonderfully flavorful.
6. Place the chicken and vegetables on a plate, season with salt and pepper and garnish with the green onion.
Leave a comment letting us know what you think about these recipes!