When you’re on the road for days or even weeks at a time, it can be hard to stay fit and healthy. The calories can add up when you’re eating at restaurants all the time, and it can be hard to find a local gym or place to go for a run.
To keep you eating healthy while traveling, check out our “Eating Healthy on the Road” blog post, which gives you some ideas of what foods to stock in your InTown Suites fridge and kitchen cupboards.
To help you keep your fitness routine on track while staying with us at InTown Suites, we’ve put together a 30 minute exercise routine that can be done in your guestroom. This routine combines cardio and toning exercises for a total body work out. Feel free double up on the routine for a full hour work out. All you’ll need is a towel to act as an exercise mat.
- March in place for 1 minute
- Complete 50 Jumping Jacks
- Get down on the floor for 20 push-ups
- Stay on the floor and hold the plank position for 1-minute, or as long as you can
- From the floor, jump up and perform 5 complete burpees
- Hit the floor again for 25 crunches
- Come back up on your feet for 20 lunges on each leg
- Complete 20 deep squats
- Go to the tips of your toes for 30 calf raises
- Use the edge of a chair to do 20 tricep dips
- Finish off the main component of your workout with 25 Russian twists
- Cool down by marching in place for 1 minute
- Finish your work-out by stretching out your muscles
Hope you enjoyed your work out! What other exercises do you recommend when you’re trying to stay fit on the road?