Holidays In Houston
Houston is a wonderful city to visit for an extended stay around the holidays. If you’re planning to spend one week, two weeks or even a month in the city, you’ll find convenient accommodations with comfortable amenities at InTown Suites. We also have a list of the best holiday activities in Houston for you and your family to enjoy.
Extended Stay In Houston
InTown Suites has 16 extended-stay locations in the Houston metropolitan area, each with affordable rates and newly renovated suites. Three locations are next to major Houston airports (one location near Hobby Airport and two locations near IAH, 6 miles away and 8 miles away), one location is conveniently located near Space Center Houston, two locations are close to college campuses (Houston Community College – Stafford and San Jacinto College – Central Campus), one location is just a stone’s throw away from Bear Creek Pioneers Park, and another is only three miles from the Sam Houston Race Park.
At InTown Suites, we’re experts at extended stays. Whether you’re on temporary assignment and need a short-term rental or you’re planning a much-needed family vacation but must stay on a budget during your trip, we have a suite for you! No matter which of our 188 locations you are staying at and whichever of the three suite styles you choose, InTown Suites’ standard amenities always include:
- Fully-furnished, apartment-style living
- Dining and living area
- In-room kitchen with full-size refrigerator, microwave, and two-burner stovetop
- HDTV with expanded premium channels, including SHOWTIME®
- Super-fast Wi-Fi
- Regular housekeeping (frequency depends on the length of stay)
- On-site guest laundry facilities
Best Suites In Houston
If you and your family are looking for the best suites in Houston with just the right amenities and all the conveniences of home, we recommend staying in one of InTown’s Premium Suites. These suites are newly renovated and feature modern amenities with amazing upgrades.
All of our Houston locations offer Premium Suites. Beyond the standard amenities, these suites have been completely renovated from top to bottom with all new flooring and furniture. We’ve added extra comforts, more storage and little pieces of home all around the suite.
Staying in a Premium Suite at InTown, expect to enjoy:
- Brand new in-room kitchen with a sleek and modern look (includes new cabinetry, new appliances, sparkling backsplash and new countertops)
- Cozy dining nook with a modern drop-leaf table and stylish upholstered chairs
- New, more functional bathroom with a new vanity, added shelving, wall hooks and a double-mirror medicine cabinet
- Added storage around the suite with a new built-in closet, organizers, coffee table with lift-top and bed frame storage
- Brand new comfort amenities like reclining chairs, fluffy bedding and custom mattresses
- New lighting with USB charging ports for staying connected with family and friends
- Plus accent rugs and contemporary artwork to make you feel right at home
Looking for the best rate on a Premium Suite? Sign up to be an InTown Insider. Simply enter your email on our Homepage to start receiving the latest specials, best deals and upcoming offers at InTown. Stay in the know and save even more!
Holiday Events in Houston*
Since you are planning to spend some extended time in Houston around the holidays, we’ve gathered a list of the best holiday events taking place. You and your family will surely enjoy celebrating the season like a local.
- Mayor’s Holiday Spectacular: Kick-off the holiday season on Dec. 4th at the Holiday Spectacular. This free event will feature tree lighting, live entertainment, photos with Santa and scrumptious bites with festive beverages.
- Holiday Family Concert: The Houston Symphony will host a special kid-friendly concert with musical treats from the Nutcracker. This 50-minute concert will take place twice on the morning of Dec. 4th and includes a visit from the head elf himself! Reserve your tickets online.
- A Christmas Carol: Your kids will love this pared-down adaptation of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. Performances will run through Dec. 29th at the Alley Theatre. Tickets start at $39.
- Breakfast with Santa: Houston’s Downtown Aquarium will host Breakfast with Santa on select dates in December. Enjoy a breakfast buffet and discounted exhibit tickets. Reservations are required. Pricing starts at $23.99 for adults and $21.99 for kids.
- The Christmas Train: Experience a Christmas lights show like never before. Jump on the open-air train and revel in the splendor of hundreds of thousands of twinkling lights. The Christmas Train will run on select dates in December from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Tickets are $12 per person.
NYE Celebrations In Houston*
Ring in the new year with a Houston-style celebration. All around town, kid-friendly events are taking place to help you and your little ones enjoy the holiday safely.
- New Year’s Eve Family Celebration: Countdown to the new year with Houston’s Downtown Aquarium mascot Sharkey. Activities include a buffet, ball drop and giveaways for kids. Reservations are required. Tickets are $22.99 for kids and $30.99 for adults.
- High Noon Countdown: The Woodlands Children’s Museum will host 3 sessions of a mid-day new year’s celebration just for kids! Festivities include a balloon drop, creative art projects and live music with Tom’s Fun Band. Reservations are required. Tickets are $10 per person.
- Rockin’ New Year’s Noon: Children’s Museum Houston hosts the city’s longest-running New Year’s at noon celebration. After making their own party hats, kids will enjoy a parade, dance party and ball drop at noon, just like Times Square. The end-of-year bash starts at 10:00 a.m., and tickets are $12 per person.
- Noon Year’s Eve: Celebrate Noon Year’s Eve at CITYCENTRE. From 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., celebrate with a dance party, bubble drop, caricature artist and magic mirror photo booth. Tickets are not required for this free event.
For more fun activities to enjoy with your family while in Houston, check out our definitive guide for things to do in Houston including free activities, kid-friendly attractions and the best nightlife entertainment.
*Please review each event’s safety protocols before attending. Mask mandates and vaccine requirements vary by location.